Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Room With A View

Tonight we can sleep with the windows open. Such nice weather on a February night. I'm lying down in the boys' room feeling the cool night air. Reminds me of our nights at Bukit. I miss our home. Our very own.

I remember sleeping right by the window. Under the moon and the stars. We'd point out the moon to Ammar & Idris "bulan..!". And they've been fascinated with the moon ever since. I remember too those nightly feedings in the moonlight. And it was while I was pregnant with Idris that I often felt so warm at nights & that's when we started to sleep with the windows open.

It's the windows in our little apartment that holds the memories. Those wistful memories. I remember how at peace I felt on nice sunny days, just lying on the couch watching the clouds in the blue sky. And other times, watching the lightning and thundering rain with Idris in awe.

Funny. Of the many, many things. Memories by that window stick out the most.

Maybe because this was our first home. Where I learned to cook and clean after ourselves. Where I carried my babies. Where they made their first friend. It was that window that gave me nightmares of Idris falling over (we eventually did get grills after I finally managed to convince dear hubby!). That very same window where Idris & Ashraf threw out their little toy cars. Even the really nice Tonka ones I bought! And through the very same windows we'd watch cars coming up the hill at night.

Our apartment wasn't much. And the view was next to nothing. Just some grimey old apartments down the road. Yet I remember a completely different view.